Drogheda Womens and Childrens Refuge
6:30am, Monday 2nd October 2023
Contact us:
041 984 4550

  • Our Refuge:
    041 984 4550
  • Drogheda Gardaí:
    041 987 4200
  • OLOL Hospital:
    041 983 7601
  • Doctor on Call:
    1850 777 911
  • Drogheda Bus Stn:
    041 983 5023
  • Drogheda Train Stn:
    041 983 8749
  • Dundalk Refuge:
    042 933 7202
  • Navan Refuge:
    046 902 2392
  • Rape Crisis Centre:
    042 933 9491
  • Monaghan Support:
    047 72 311

Drogheda Business Excellence Award 2009 - Winner of Best Website
Legal Issues >   Separation


Legal Separation Agreement

Where a couple agree to separate, the details can be worked out through a deed of separation which is acceptable to both sides.

It is a legal written contract between a husband and wife to separate. It covers maintenance, custody of children, ownership and occupation of the family home. The difference between a legal separation agreement and a judicial separation is that the spouses decide the terms of separation rather than have the terms imposed by the court, the courts need not be involved . It will only involve two solicitors, one representing the wife the other representing the husband.




Mediation is a service to help couples who have decided to separate, or who have already separated, to negotiate their own separation terms.

How can it help?

This service encourages the separating couple to Cooperate with each other in working out mutually acceptable arrangements on all or any of the following;

* Parenting the children.

* Maintenance.

* Family home.

* Any other problems relating to the separation.

This service is confidential and both spouses are required to attend. They will be assisted by a professionally trained mediator.

Where can I go for Mediation?

This service is under the auspices of the Dept. of Equality and Law reform and is free.


Family Mediation services

Family Mediation Service 01-8728277 / 01-8728708

Family Mediation Service Dundalk 042-9359410

Cavan Family Resource Centre 049-4371363